Updates for Faculty Development include:
- We hosted an “April Fool’s” themed faculty forum which focused on dispelling beliefs about popular instructional practices that have not been supported by research. We also held a forum for HyFlex faculty that centered on understanding the professional development needs of our faculty.
- We facilitated a faculty panel discussion for all SPS faculty on leveraging professional experience in the production of academic research. Special thanks to our panelists Sayantani DasGupta, Beth Fisher-Yoshida, Grant Son, and Aaron Wallen.
- We are hosting a series of upcoming faculty panel discussions on teaching effectively in the HyFlex modality. New HyFlex faculty are encouraged to register for one of these sessions to learn about the experience of teaching in this modality from current HyFlex instructors.
- New HyFlex faculty are also encouraged to attend one of our upcoming workshops on “Adapting your Class for HyFlex Instruction.” This interactive workshop will present faculty with proven strategies and techniques for teaching with proficiency in the HyFlex mode.
- We are continuing to offer pedagogical consultations for our summer faculty. Please schedule a consultation if you would like to discuss your upcoming course or any other pedagogical matter.